Market Place Farm has been in the Wilson family for over 70 years. The farm was bought in 1947 by Robert Wilson when the ‘Cave Castle’ estate was split up. At the time Robert bought the farm, it was farmed in a traditionally mixed way.
More recently Henry stumbled across the idea of a vineyard whilst away visiting family in South Africa. He did some research on his return home and was delighted to find Stewart Smith, a vine expert located a few miles down the road in Malton. Vine varieties were subsequently matched to the site including Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Rondo, Madeline, Angevine and Solaris.
Based just a few miles from House of Townend, we are very delighted to be able to support this local winery as it goes from strength to strength.