Terms & Conditions
DP (Duty Paid)
Duty Paid Wine refers to stock that it is lying in our warehouse in Melton, East Yorkshire and the price shown includes Duty and VAT at the prevailing rates.
IB (In Bond)
The term In Bond refers to stock that is currently stored in our a bonded warehouse in Melton, East Yorkshire and that has not yet been subject to Duty and VAT payments or delivery/transfer charges coming out of Bond.
EP (En Primeur)
The term En Primeur refers to the process of buying wine that is still in barrel and yet to be bottled, before being released by the Château/Domaine owner onto the global wine market. The wine is usually delivered two years after the vintage, and can only be purchased by the unmixed case. Before it is bottled you can choose how you wish it to be bottled i.e. half bottles, magnums, imperials. The main advantage of buying wine En Primeur is that the initial opening prices are usually considerably cheaper than after the wine is bottled and shipped by the producer.
Costs associated with purchasing wine En Primeur/ In Bond
- All wine is sold by the case exclusive of Duty and VAT (inclusive of shipping and insurance to our bonded warehouse in Melton, East Yorkshire).
- Charges will be incurred for delivery from our bonded warehouse in Melton, East Yorkshire. Charges are calculated according to your postcode and distance from Melton, East Yorkshire.
- Payment is due upon receipt of invoice, issued after you have confirmed your order. Payments by cards other than credit cards, cheque or bank/internet transfer incur no additional charges.
- All wine remains the ownership of House of Townend until all charges are paid for in full.
- Our initial invoice will be exclusive of Duty, VAT and Delivery/Under Bond Transfer charges (these will be invoiced if you take the wine out of our bond). Please note delivery charges from bond are charged at cost depending upon your postcode and the number of cases being delivered.
- Annual storage rates will apply for long term storage after the wine is delivered into the UK. The current rate is £9.00 per case inc. VAT per year or part thereof.
UK VAT and duty rates
VAT Currently stands at 20%. The current duty rate is £26.78 per case (12x75cl) or £13.39 (6x75cl). VAT is charged on the current UK Duty rate. Duty and VAT rates are subject to change by the UK government. All charges are subject to change by the government at any time