All of our checkout procedure is taken over a secure sockets layer (SSL), ensuring safe use of credit/debit cards online. We also have additional security to protect our customer database that is restricted to internal use.
It is your responsibility to keep your account and password details from being disclosed.
Personal Data Policy
How does House of Townend collect your personal information?
We may collect your personal information through some of the following ways:
- When you register or use houseoftownend.com.
- When you register for the Cellar Door Loyalty Scheme.
- When you contact House of Townend by telephone or email.
- When you enter any prize draws or competitions run by House of Townend
- When you register for a discount code from House of Townend.
- When completing any surveys that we send to you for research purposes.
- When completing any forms for employment purposes.
What sort of personal information will House of Townend collect about you?
In addition to personal details such as your name, date of birth, address, email and telephone number, House of Townend may also collect some of the following personal information about you:
- Details of transactions you make from House of Townend (whether in store or via the Website).
- Details of your buying preferences, such as your favourite products.
What does House of Townend use your personal information for?
We will treat all your personal information as private and confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in certain circumstances, as set out below). All data is collected lawfully and maintained in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 ((EU) 2016/679) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
We will make use of your personal information for the following:
- Process any orders that you make via the Website or in store (please note that your details may need to be passed to a third party in order for them to supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered and we may retain your details for a reasonable period of time after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds).
- Process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions (we may retain your details for these purposes for a reasonable period of time and we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions).
- With your consent, retain your personal information, preferences and details of your transactions in order to keep you informed by email, telephone and/or through other digital means including social media platforms, about products and services (including special offers, discounts, promotions, events and competitions) offered by House of Townend.
- Register you on the Website or our in store Loyalty Scheme and where this involves setting you up with an account, we will use your personal information to maintain and update your account (e.g. such as a change of address).
- Assess and process your job application (we may retain a record of your information for a reasonable period of time following the end of our recruitment selection process for administration purposes).
- Administer any prize draws or competitions run by House of Townend. Please refer to the specific terms & conditions for each prize draw or competition.
- Carry out assessment and analysis (for example market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the products or services which we offer.
We will not keep your personal information processed by us for any purpose or purposes for longer than is necessary. Under data protection legislation you have the right to access information held about you.
Transfer of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may share your personal information with the third parties set out below for the purposes we have described above:
1. External third parties such as: (a) service providers who provide IT and system administration services; (b) professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers; and (c) HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances;
2. Specific credit referencing and reporting agencies including:
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law.
How can I unsubscribe?
If at any point you no longer wish us to hold your personal information or you do not wish to receive information from us then there are a number of ways you can unsubscribe. These are as follows:
- You can click onto the "unsubscribe" link in any communication that we send to you by email which will automatically unsubscribe you from that type of communication. Please also note that you may continue to receive communications which are already on route to you for a short period of time while your relevant unsubscribe request is being processed.
- In relation to the website you can choose to opt out of communications by unticking the “subscribe to newsletter” box at the checkout.
- Alternatively, you can contact our customer services by calling 01482 638888.
- Please note that in relation to our in store Loyalty Scheme, you can ask a team member in any one of our stores to update your preferences.