Chablis Grand Cru Grenouille 2020, Domaine Testut 6 x 75cl

CHAB064
The smallest of the Grand Cru vineyards, a small plot of only 0.31 ha planted with 53 year old vines. 90% of this wine is fermented in steel tank with the remaining 10% in 600 litre oak barrels, all of 3 years old to minimize the oak flavours but to maximise the oxidative aspect.
This is an En Primeur wine and special conditions apply.
Type:
Vintage:
2020
Size:
6 x 75cl
Main Grape:
Grape Mix:
100% Chardonnay
Genres:
Style:
Dry
Producer:
Region:
Country:
France
Sub Region:
Chablis
Sub Sub Region:
Chablis
Body:
Elegant, crisp and delicate
Drinking Window:
Drink 2024 +
£270.00
 

Domaine Testut

We have worked closely with Cyril Testut for many years now. Quiet, considered and deeply passionate about his 13ha domaine, he is the proprietor of one of the real jewels of the Chablis region that sites in the top echelons of the Chablis hierarchy. His Chablis vineyards are perfectly situated - squeezed between the Grand Cru Blanchot and the 1er Cru of Montée de Tonnerre. It is arguably the finest Chablis AC vineyard in the region. The small parcel of the famous Grand Cru Grenouilles returned to the Testut family only a few years ago. Back in 1970’s the vineyards were leased, due to internal family squabbles, and were held by William Fèvre for 30 years. It is now back in the hands of one of Chablis’ finest domaines.

Tasting Notes

Wow! – a powerful and ripely appealing bouquet, rich and deeply satisfying. Restraint is apparent in the mouth, however, with subtle oak coating the ripe fruit and layered complex minerality and steely acidity, the wine offers layers of apple skin, saline, chalky minerality, lime and white peach, elegantly bound in the tight structure. The wine almost grows and spreads across the palate, showing immense structure and tension. Wunderbar! Wow! – a powerful and ripely appealing bouquet, rich and deeply satisfying. Restraint is apparent in the mouth, however, with subtle oak coating the ripe fruit and layered complex minerality and steely acidity, the wine offers layers of apple skin, saline, chalky minerality, lime and white peach, elegantly bound in the tight structure. The wine almost grows and spreads across the palate, showing immense structure and tension. Wunderbar!

Vinification

90% of this wine is fermented in steel tank with the remaining 10% in 600 litre oak barrels, all of 3 years old to minimize the oak flavours but to maximise the oxidative aspect.