We have worked closely with Cyril Testut for many years now. Quiet, considered and deeply passionate about his 13ha domaine, he is the proprietor of one of the real jewels of the Chablis region that sites in the top echelons of the Chablis hierarchy. His Chablis vineyards are perfectly situated - squeezed between the Grand Cru Blanchot and the 1er Cru of Montée de Tonnerre. It is arguably the finest Chablis AC vineyard in the region. The small parcel of the famous Grand Cru Grenouilles returned to the Testut family only a few years ago. Back in 1970’s the vineyards were leased, due to internal family squabbles, and were held by William Fèvre for 30 years. It is now back in the hands of one of Chablis’ finest domaines.
The bouquet is rich and intense, absorbing well the oak ageing. The palate is impressive, rich with a classic steeliness that gives the wine an impressive rigidity.
Great paired with sea bream with ratatouille and brown rice.
The wine is made using 52 year old vines. 83% was fermented in steel tank with the remaining 17% in 600 litre oak barrels.