Type: Champagne
Country: France
Region: Champagne
Code: PLOY005
An Extra Brut Champagne produced by this exceptional producer

Champagne Ployez-Jacquemart

Ployez-Jacquemart is a family champagne house, founded in 1930 by the husband and wife team of Marcel Ployez and Yvonne Jacquemart. Laurence, third generation of the family, perpetuates the founding values of the house: passion, tradition and dedication. She has committed herself to make the most of each harvest and produce great prestige wines.

A floral wine with lightly toasted notes. A sophisticated nose, with a sumptuous finish (a hint of honey). Very elegant.
Great as an aperitif or served with smoked salmon roulade
Extra Brut Passion is made up of Premier and Grand Cru grapes picked in the 2004 harvest. Offering a richer non-vintage blend, from a harmonious union of 45 % Pinot Noir, 20% Meunier, 35 % Chardonnay. In order to add greater structure and complexity 25% of the wine is aged in oak barrels and does not undergo malolactic fermentation; the remaining 75% are wines from the annual harvest. To limit contact with yeasts during ageing, the wine is aged sur pointe (on its neck) rather than sur lattes (on their side) for at least 4-5 years. This traditional ageing process limits the contact with the lees and ensures that the wine maintains its crisp character but preserves the advantages of ageing before disgorgement. Their Champagnes are disgorged as late as possible to allow for as much freshness as possible and a lower dosage of sugar (approximately 4 gr/L only) is added. The Extra Brut Passion was produced for the first time with the harvest 2004 to celebrate the 80th anniversary of the House.

Wine Merchant Top 100 2023, Highly Commended.

You May Also Like