Chablis Grand Cru Grenouille 2012, Domaine Testut

CHAB800
A simply stunning wine from a small plot of only 0.31 ha planted with 50 year old vines. This is a beautifully aged Chablis, oozing richness and displaying weighty flavours of ripe apples, honey and a dash of underlying oak.
Type:
Vintage:
2012
Size:
75cl
Main Grape:
Grape Mix:
100% Chardonnay
Genre:
Style:
Dry
ABV:
13.5%
Producer:
Region:
Country:
France
Sub Region:
Chablis
Body:
Elegant, crisp and delicate
Drinking Window:
Drink now through to 2024
Closure Type:
Cork
£68.00
 

Domaine Testut

We have worked closely with Cyril Testut for many years now. Quiet, considered and deeply passionate about his 13ha domaine, he is the proprietor of one of the real jewels of the Chablis region that sites in the top echelons of the Chablis hierarchy. His Chablis vineyards are perfectly situated - squeezed between the Grand Cru Blanchot and the 1er Cru of Montée de Tonnerre. It is arguably the finest Chablis AC vineyard in the region. The small parcel of the famous Grand Cru Grenouilles returned to the Testut family only a few years ago. Back in 1970’s the vineyards were leased, due to internal family squabbles, and were held by William Fèvre for 30 years. It is now back in the hands of one of Chablis’ finest domaines.

Tasting Notes

A beautifully aged Chablis, the bouquet oozes richness, pounding your nostrils with weighty aromas of ripe apples, honey and a dash of underlying oak. The palate is complex and rich, with overtones of honeycomb and butter, balanced by a quenching mineral acidity. The finish lingers…. and lingers….

Food Matches

Try with sauteed frogs legs with garlic butter.

Vinification

80% of the grapes were fermented in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks, with the remaining 20% in 600 litre oak barrels giving added lift to the wine.

You may also like these products from the same...