Reyneke Reserva Red

REYN005
The wine shows an elegant bouquet of perfumed red forest berry fruit, with subtle hints of spicy clove. This is a wine with a soft tannin structure with a palate which demonstrates both length and complexity with a spicy, savoury subtle fruit finish. Further bottle maturation will allow for further integration and evolution of the wine. Ready to drink now, but has an ageing potential of 10 – 12 years.
Type:
Vintage:
2016
Size:
75cl
Main Grape:
Grape Mix:
100%
Genres:
ABV:
13.5%
Producer:
Region:
Country:
South Africa
Body:
Soft, fruity and smooth
Drinking Window:
Drink now through 2024
Closure Type:
Cork
£49.99
 

Reyneke Wines

Established in 1998 Stellenbosch, Reyneke Estate is one of South Africa's very few certified Biodynamic wine farms. Winemaker and founder, Johan Reyneke Jr has become somewhat of an authority on the subject. Herbicide, pesticide and fungicide free, coupled with no artificial additives in the cellar has meant that this non-intervention approach has created wines which are true to their origin and character.

Tasting Notes

The wine shows an elegant bouquet of perfumed red forest berry fruit with subtle hints of spicy clove. Following with a soft tannin structure the palate shows length and complexity with a spicy, savoury subtle fruit finish. Further bottle maturation will allow for further integration and evolution of the wine. Drink now but has an ageing potential of 10 – 12 years.

Food Matches

Try with slow roasted barbecue pork or lamb.

Vinification

100% Syrah assembled from the most interesting and expressive barrels of the vintage. The fermentation process involves 30% whole clusters selected in concrete fermentation tanks and crushed by foot. The remaining grapes are bunch selected and destemmed over the crushed whole clusters. Spontaneous fermentation, with the wine transferred for 24 months barrel ageing in 70% 2nd fill 300l French barriques, while the remaining 30% is placed in older French barriques.