Villa del Cigliano
The Villa, built in the second half of the '400s on pre-existing medieval buildings, was bought in 1546 by Alessandro di Niccolò Antinori and still belongs to the descendants of the same family. The interiors preserve their Renaissance structure of the classic Tuscan Villa with an adjoining farm for the production of wine and olive oil. Under the villa remain the historical cellars that are still used for the aging of the wine. The wines - produced exclusively with grapes from their own vineyards - definitely prefer elegance and finesse to power. They are distinguished also by a strong territorial identity, an authentic expression of this part of the appellation of Chianti Classico (the Val di Pesa ) characterized by great potential and lately the object of increasing attention. The wine company is becoming a point of reference within this sub-zone and is an active part in the current debate on the zoning of the Chianti Classico.
Aromas of black cherries and dried herb lead to a palate of baked cherry, fennel, lavender and notes of tobacco, tannins are velvety with a lingering finish.
Try with wild mushroom risotto or rack of roast lamb.