Type: White Wine
Country: France
Region: Burgundy
Code: CHAB036
A small plot of only 0.31 ha planted with 53 year old vines. 80% was fermented in steel tank with the remaining 20% in 600 litre oak barrels. This is reminiscent of the 2006 vintage, which is still drinking well, if you can find it!
Main Grapes
Grape Mix
Drinking Window
Closure Type

Domaine Testut

We have worked closely with Cyril Testut for many years now. Quiet, considered and deeply passionate about his 13ha domaine, he is the proprietor of one of the real jewels of the Chablis region that sites in the top echelons of the Chablis hierarchy. His Chablis vineyards are perfectly situated - squeezed between the Grand Cru Blanchot and the 1er Cru of Montée de Tonnerre. It is arguably the finest Chablis AC vineyard in the region. The small parcel of the famous Grand Cru Grenouilles returned to the Testut family only a few years ago. Back in 1970’s the vineyards were leased, due to internal family squabbles, and were held by William Fèvre for 30 years. It is now back in the hands of one of Chablis’ finest domaines.
The bouquet oozes richness, pounding your nostrils with weighty aromas of ripe apples, honey and a dash of underlying oak. The palate is complex and rich, with overtones of honeycomb and butter, balanced by a quenching mineral acidity. The finish lingers…. and lingers….
Try with sauteed frogs legs with garlic butter.

You May Also Like