Clos de Clocher
Clos du Clocher was founded in 1924 by Jean Baptiste Audy who started out with a small plot of vines near the church of Pomerol. The property was put together and created in a piecemeal fashion, one parcel or row of vines at a time. Since the original formation of Clos du Clocher, the estate has grown to three plots, totaling 4.6 hectares in their Right Bank vineyards. Jean Baptiste Audy, who is responsible for the creation of Clos du Clocher was already familiar with the Bordeaux wine trade, as he was already an experienced Bordeaux wine negociant before he added chateau owner and winemaker to his portfolio. Clos du Clocher in Pomerol is situated in the Catusseau sector, not too far from Chateau La Croix St. Georges. The 4.6 hectare Clos du Clocher Pomerol vineyard is planted to 70% Merlot and 30% Cabernet Franc. The terroir is clay, gravel and sand soils.