Château Palmer is a true star of the Margaux appellation, situated on the Left Bank of the Bordeaux region. Named after a British officer, Major General Palmer, who settled in Bordeaux in 1814, it is located in the centre of the Margaux appellation, and its vineyards (Cabernet Sauvignon 55%, Merlot 40%, Cabernet Franc 5%) lie on a sparse gravel plateau. Third Classified Growth of the official classification of 1855,Palmer was established as a Super Second long before Léoville Las Cases, Ducru-Beaucaillou and Pichon-Lalande and is the top estate of the Margaux appellation after Château Margaux. Blessed with an exceptional terroir located in the immediate vicinity of the Gironde estuary, Château Palmer is rather unusual for the Médoc, with its high proportion of Merlot, making it the closest in style of any leading Médoc properties to the great wines of Pomerol and St-Emilion. After building its reputation on vintages that have become legendary, Château Palmer continues to make history under the direction of the talented Thomas Duroux, who has overseen the chateau’s
first 100% biodynamic (in 2017), following a journey that began back in 2008.