{

Chablis Grand Cru Les Grenouille 2017, Domaine Testut

CHAB026
A small plot of only 0.31 ha planted with 53 year old vines. 80% was fermented in steel tank with the remaining 20% in 600 litre oak barrels. Wow what a wine!
Type:
Vintage:
2017
Size:
75cl
Main Grape:
Grape Mix:
100%
Genre:
Style:
Dry
ABV:
0%
Producer:
Region:
Country:
France
Sub Region:
Chablis
Body:
Elegant, crisp and delicate
Drinking Window:
Drink 2022+
Closure Type:
Cork
£54.00
 

Domaine Testut

We have worked closely with Cyril Testut for many years now. Quiet, considered and deeply passionate about his 13ha domaine, he is the proprietor of one of the real jewels of the Chablis region that sites in the top echelons of the Chablis hierarchy. His Chablis vineyards are perfectly situated - squeezed between the Grand Cru Blanchot and the 1er Cru of Montée de Tonnerre. It is arguably the finest Chablis AC vineyard in the region. The small parcel of the famous Grand Cru Grenouilles returned to the Testut family only a few years ago. Back in 1970’s the vineyards were leased, due to internal family squabbles, and were held by William Fèvre for 30 years. It is now back in the hands of one of Chablis’ finest domaines.

Tasting Notes

What a bouquet, decadent yet restrained, aromatic, full of life and weighty white stone fruits. Lovely balance, a core of concentrated steely fruit, baked apples, honeycomb, green leaf, grapefruit and touch of saline. Big, long and complex.

Food Matches

Try with sauteed frogs legs with garlic butter.