Type: Red Wine
Country: France
Region: Rhône Valley
Code: CROZ480
If you love pure, unadulterated, concentrated Syrah, look no further. The modern winery, built in 1990 is situated on the busy N7 between Tain l'Hermitage and Pont de l'Isère. It is here that Laurent Combier, a very practical, open minded winemaker produces his lush exuberant and rich style of wine. Farmed organically, his 13 hectares of vineyards are situated on the "Les Chassis" plateau.
Main Grapes
Grape Mix
Drinking Window
Closure Type

Domaine Combier

The Combier family first moved from the Ardèche to the Rhône in 1936 when Camille Combier bought three hectares of vines in the Crozes-Hermitage appellation , and sold his wine to the Tain l'Hermitage co-operative. The domaine is now run by Laurent Combier, a very practical, open minded winemaker, who produces a lush, exuberant and rich style of wine. He believes that in order to make a great wine, he must allow nature to dictate his work in the vineyards, and bases his decisions on the soils, the living organisms and the lunar calendar. His 13 hectares of vineyards,...

The first wine in the Combier range and what a wonderful wine! 70% of the blend is aged in concrete tanks with the remaining 30% in seasoned demi-muids, delivering a succulent fruit driven wine full of blackcurrant fruits and a little spice.
Delicious with beef meatballs with a tomato ragu.

You May Also Like