Gardet was established in 1895 by Charles Gardet in Epernay. In the 1930s, his son, Georges Gardet, continued the family tradition by moving to Chigny-les-Roses to develop the Champagne Gardet brand. It was sold to the Prieux family in 2007. The Prieuxs have invested in the business, but wisely retained the features of the style of wine made over the years, only slightly refining it to be a little more forward-drinking with more fruit freshness and balance. The house owns around 7 ha of premier cru vineyards around their home villages of Chigny-Les-Roses, Ludes and Rilly la Montage. The long tirage time and the use of a high proportion of reserve wine has marked the house style, and in fact is a distinguishing feature of Champagne Gardet.