Now that warmer weather and sunnier days are fast approaching, we’re all craving nights spent out in the garden with an ice-cold glass of sangria! Over the years, sangria has become increasingly popular – and nowadays you don’t even have to go to the sunny beaches of Spain to enjoy a jug of this delicious wine punch.
So, pick out a pitcher, cobble together your ingredients and try out these tasty and refreshing summer coolers for your next summer party:
Red Wine Sangria
- Cut up all the fruit into wedges, leaving the peels on for extra flavour. Transfer the fruit into your pitcher of choice.
- Add the brandy and pour it over the fruit to soak in. We recommend using our House Brandy, as it packs a punch but it also great value for money!
- Add the Cointreau or any other orange-based liqueur to the pitcher.
- It’s time to add the wine: traditional sangria uses inexpensive red wine such as a bottle of Rioja Vega Semi Crianza, or a sweeter, fruitier Merlot such as Blue Ridge’s Bulgarian Merlot. Feel free to adapt the recipe to create a white sangria with a bottle of fruity Sauvignon Blanc!
- Cover your sangria and refrigerate it overnight – it’ll be so much sweeter and tastier the next day.
- Just as you’re ready to serve the sangria, top the pitcher up with the soda water and stir gently.
- Serve with a few wedges of fruit in each glass and a sprinkling of sugar for that extra sweetness.
Sparkling Peach Sangria
- 2-3 sliced white peaches, or 2 cans of white peaches
- 200ml of apricot brandy liqueur
- 1 bottle of Prosecco
- 1 litre of sparkling, peach-flavoured water
- Place the peaches into a pitcher.
- Pour over the apricot brandy liqueur and lightly muddle. We recommend using Giffard Apricot Brandy Liqueur – delicious!
- Pour in the bottle of Prosecco – we recommend using our light and refreshing Pure Prosecco.
- Top up the pitcher with the sparkling, peach-flavoured water.
- Refrigerate for at least four hours and serve ice-cold!
- 1 bottle of red wine
- 200ml Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- 50ml Triple Sec
- 2 tbsps of grenadine syrup
- 16g sugar
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- Handful of strawberries
- Few splashes of lemonade
- Cut the apple, strawberries, orange, lemon and lime into slices and pop into your pitcher of choice.
- Pour in the Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, red wine and triple sec onto the fruit and allow to soak in.
- Add the sugar and grenadine syrup and gently stir until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours for the best results.
- Just before serving, add a few splashes of lemonade and enjoy!
Back to news