A distillery was founded on the site of the Glenkinchie distillery by brothers John and George Rate in 1825 under the name Milton. In 1837 the Glenkinchie distillery was registered. The whisky distillery lies south of Pencaitland drawing its waters from the Lammermuir Hills in East Lothian. Marketed as ‘The Edinburgh Malt’ the Glenkinchie distillery is just fifteen miles away from the city.
A gentle and delicate whisky with floral aromas and hints of waxed lemon and honey. In the mouth it shows some vanilla and creamy flavours but retains a lighter, fruitier style. The finish is soft and very moreish.
Love with good charcuterie such as Iberico ham and olives.